At St. Joseph’s Catholic Infant and Junior Schools, we utilise a combination of the Relationships and Health Education DfE documents and 10:10 to teach Relationships and Health Education.
As part of our subscription to “Life to the Full” and “Collective Worship”, parents can access the Online Parent Portal with the following login credentials:
Parent Consultation Tool
See below for our curriculum.
In addition to this, we also use Life To the Full – a programme, which received DfE start-up funding and acts as a delivery programme for schools. The Life to the Full programme goes beyond a programme of lesson plans; it’s a tool to enable us to fully integrate the whole programme into the culture of our school.
- Over 80 lesson plans for EYFS to Year 6
- High-quality videos created by Ten Ten specifically for UK-based Catholic primary schools
- A programme of prayer and worship music to accompany the scheme of work
- Assessment Activities
- Guidance for Programme Coordinators
- Teaching training sessions
- Programme Pathways for a variety of school timetables
- Parent Consultation resources and an Online Parent Portal for links to home (parents were consulted in Spring 2021 as per DfE statutory consultation guidelines).
By using this programme, we hope that our pupils, staff, parents and wider community will not only have high-quality RHE but also a rich foundation for growth, personal development and happy, fulfilled relationships.
Taught with a spiral approach to learning, the programme includes teaching about personal health, physical and emotional well-being, strong emotions, private parts of the body, personal relationships, family structures, trusted adults, growing bodies, puberty, periods, life cycles, the dangers of social media, where babies come from, an understanding of the Common Good and living in the wider world.
The entire teaching is underpinned with a Christian faith understanding that our deepest identity is as a child of God – created, chosen and loved by God. The programme is fully inclusive of all pupils and their families.
For further information view: Life To The Full Primary – Ten Ten Resources
We record our Relationships and Health Education work via class floor books, where each child contributes to the learning journey.